INGREDIENTS FOR THE ‘BACON’ BITS
Profusion Pea and Fava Protein Mince
80ml of orange Juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1tbsp vegan worcester sauce (optional)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BROCCOLI SALAD
Profusion Pea and Fava ‘Bacon Bits’
3 heads of broccoli
65g of dried cranberries
1 red onion, diced
60g dried sunflower seeds
230g Vegan Mayo
2 tbsp ACV
3 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
METHOD FOR ‘BACON BITS’
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius
- Whisk together orange juice, water, olive oil, and seasonings in a small mixing bowl.
- Add Profusion Fava and Pea Protein Mince and stir until well coated. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- For soft-style bacon bits, you’re done! No baking needed. Just use or store in an airtight container in the fridge!
- For chewy or crunchy style bacon bits: Spread vegan bacon bits out on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in the oven at 200-degrees Celsius for 25 minutes (for chewy-style) or up to 55 minutes (be sure and stir it a time or two!) for crunchy style.
METHOD FOR BROCCOLI SALAD
- Place broccoli, cranberries, Profusion Pea and Fava ‘Bacon Bits’, onion, and sunflower kernels in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the vegan mayo mixture over broccoli and use a mixing spoon to toss/fully coating the broccoli.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.