1 Medium butternut squash
300g Profusion Pasta
1 Red Onion, Chopped Fine
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Handful Fresh Sage
6 Sun Dried Tomatoes
3 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 tbsp Smoked Chilli Flakes (optional)
3 tbs Pumpkin Seeds
FOR THE COCONUT ‘BACON BITS’:
1 cup/100g Coconut Flakes
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Liquid Smoke
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- First up peel & de-seed your squash.
- Cut the squash into 2 cm cubes & place into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water & place over a high heat. Bring the pan to a boil & allow the squash to soften. Once just soft, drain away the water.
- Meanwhile make your coconut bacon bits by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl then laying the coated coconut onto a lined baking tray. Bake the coconut for 10-12 or until crisp.
- Cook your pasta to the packet instructions or until al dente.
- In a non-stick large frying pan over a medium heat add the rapeseed oil then sauté the onion & garlic until soft. Add the seasoning, tomatoes, chilli & 5-6 sage leaves (chopped fine). After 3 minutes of frying add the squash & pumpkin seeds.
- In a small frying pan, add a couple tablespoons of olive oil, once hot add some whole sage leaves. Fry until crisp on both sides then place onto kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil.
- Once the squash is coloured & the flavours have mingled nicely add the pasta – a couple large spoonfuls at a time.
- Mix well & add additional salt & pepper if needed. Serve immediately topped with coconut bacon & crispy sage leaves.