1 box of Profusion Organic Chickpea Penne
50g raw cashews
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp lemon zest
25mls unsweetened plain almond milk
50g fresh peas or frozen
A big handful fresh baby spinach
Profusion Pink Himalayan Salt
1. Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Drain and blend with 1/2 cup fresh cold water until creamy. Set aside.
2. Put a large pot of water on to boil.
3. In the meantime pour the cashew cream and almond milk into a large frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and stir well to combine. Continue cooking on low heat until the pasta is ready.
4. Just as the water is coming to a boil add a generous amount of pink salt and add the pasta. Follow the cooking instructions on the pasta (approx 4 minutes) but add the peas to the pot 2 minutes before the pasta is finished.
5. When the pasta is al dente reserve about 2 cups of cooking liquid, then drain the pasta and the peas.
6. Add pasta and peas to the pan with the cashew cream, and add the spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted and pour in little bits of salted pasta water to thin out. Serve with fresh basil.