1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
795g chopped tomato
1.4l vegetable broth
50g green lentils, rinsed
225g Profusion Yellow Lentil Lasagne
120g fresh spinach
fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, basil, and oregano, and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable broth, and lentils, and bring to a boil. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes or until lentils are halfway tender.
- Break apart the lasagne sheets into about 5cm pieces and add to the pot. Let the soup cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente and the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the spinach and let wilt, then top with yogurt and fresh parsley and serve immediately.