200g Profusion Organic Chickpea Penne
I red onion, finely diced
400g tinned tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried sage
½ tsp dried thyme
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp marjoram
1 tsp brown sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
50g grated vegan cheese (optional)
For the meatballs:
125g Profusion Organic Protein mince, rehydrated
1 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp aquafaba
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 cloves garlic
½ tsp dijon mustard
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp smoked paprika, to taste
½ small lemon, juiced
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 20o (fan 180)
- Mix the protein mix, with the flour and egg replacement. Shape into bite size balls and fry in a frying pan until golden brown. Put aside.
- Sweat the chopped onion and garlic with a glug of oil in an ovenproof pan until softened.
- Add in all the other ingredients (including the meatballs, but apart from the nutritional yeast and vegan cheese). Stir gently and pop in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Top with the vegan cheese and continue to bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Season again and sprinkle with the nutritional yeast.