At Profusion, we're team peanut butter jelly but also believe in eating everything in moderation. We've made this recipe for like-minded individuals who want to indulge in their favourite foods, whilst keeping their fitness goals in mind.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the strawberries. Add the agave and place on the stove over medium heat.
- As the strawberries begin to soften over the heat, stir them around in their juices and the agave syrup.
- Once the berries have softened to the point that they’re starting to fall apart, use a potato masher or fork to break them up even more.
- Let the mixture come to a slow boil, stirring almost continually. Once you see some big bubbles break the surface, add the chia seeds.
- Continue stirring the mixture over low heat for about 15 minutes, and then remove the pan from the stove.
- Pour the mixture into a jar and cover it tightly with a lid.
- Let the jam cool to room temperature in the jar and then put your jar of jam in the fridge for a few hours and it will achieve the perfect texture.
- To serve, layer some Profusion Hemp Peanut Butter on a slice (or 2!) of Profusion Rye & Flax Bread and top with your Chia Seed Strawberry Jam. Enjoy!.