160g butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cubed
200g Profusion Organic Chickpea Penne
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 cloves garlic
½ tsp dijon mustard
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp smoked paprika, to taste
½ small lemon, juiced
Salt & pepper, to taste
Grated vegan cheese
- To cook the butternut squash, preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan), spread on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add butternut squash, drizzle with oil, toss well to coat, and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Whilst butternut squash is cooking, soak cashews by covering them with hot (not boiling) water and let soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook the Chickpea Penne according to package directions.
- In a blender, add the cooked butternut squash, soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion powder, smoked paprika, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt and few grinds of fresh cracked pepper, add water and blend until creamy. Add more water as needed to thin to desired consistency.
- Add the butternut squash cheese sauce to the pasta and stir to combine with the Penne.
- Sprinkle the vegan cheese over top of the mac and cheese, and top with rosemary. Turn the oven down to 180°C (160°C fan) for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins. Serve and Enjoy!