3 large carrots
For the marinade:
1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon maple syrup
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Bonsan Vegan Organic Almond Creme Original
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (160°c fan-assisted) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Peel the carrots and roll them in lots of salt, then place on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until soft. Allow them to cool.
- Rub the salt off the cooled carrots, then use a vegetable peeler to cut the carrots into ribbons.
- In a medium bowl, combine the carrot smoked salmon marinade ingredients.
- Add the carrot lox strips to the bowl of marinade and refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 30 minutes (the longer the better as it gives more time for the flavours to infuse the carrots).
- Serve on protein bread with almond creme and top with sprigs of dill and capers.