1 block extra firm tofu
1 packet Profusion Organic Chickpea Penne
1 small red onion, diced small
1 large cucumber, diced
200g cherry tomatoes , halved
100g mixed olives, halved, sliced or left whole
1/4 cup fresh basil or fresh mint, chopped
Large pinch of Profusion Pink Himalayan Salt
30g pine nuts (optional)
60ml extra virgin olive oil
30ml red wine vinegar
2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
2-3 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon Profusion Pink Himalayan Salt, more to taste
Freshly-cracked pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper (optional)
- Place pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook until al dente & according to package directions (about 9-10 minutes). Rinse under cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Lightly fry the tofu and cut into small chunks, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and basil. Pour the dressing over everything and gently toss to combine. Now add the tofu gently & toss again. Check for seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Cover bowl and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to let the flavors marinate. When ready to eat, moisten with a little more oil and top with the pine nuts. You can also add vegan parmesan, and more fresh-cracked pepper to the top. Enjoy!