For the tomato & lentil filling:
2 onions, chopped roughly
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 courgette, sliced finely
2 red peppers, chopped
4 large mushrooms sliced
5 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
200g red lentils, washed
½ tsp red chilli flakes
½ tsp coconut sugar (or sugar or choice)
1/2 tsp sea Salt
For the Cheesy Béchamel sauce:
2 tbsp vegan butter
4 tbsp plain flour
500ml almond milk
3 -.4 tbsp nutritional yeast
Big pinch sea salt
Twist black pepper
For the pesto:
35g toasted pine nuts
2 handfuls spinach
1 handful basil, plus extra for topping
½ lemon, juiced
1 tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
Profusion Organic Yellow Lentil Lasagne sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-assisted).
- To make the tomato and lentil filling, add your oil and onion to a wide bottom pan and fry gently on a low heat for around 10 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds more then add the peppers, courgette and mushroom. Fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils, water and sugar to the pan and cook on a low heat for 25 minutes (covered).
- Add the salt, black pepper and chilli flakes to the pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- To make the Cheesy Béchamel sauce, add the butter to a frying pan and melt on a low heat then add the flour. Stir to combine well.
- Next add the almond milk, and nutritional yeast. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure no lumps form.
- Finally season well and remove from the heat.
- To make the pesto, Add all the ingredients to your food processor or high speed blender and blitz until everything is combined to the texture you prefer. You may need to scrape the sides down a few times.
- In a medium roasting dish, layer the tomato veg filing then 3 lasagna sheets, then a third of the cheese sauce, top with pesto, then another layer of tomato veg mix, 3 lasagna sheets, then another third of the cheese sauce (make sure to cover the edges of the lasagna sheets), and finally top with remaining cheese sauce and pesto
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Top with fresh basil leaves, serve and enjoy!