1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 block silken tofu
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 whole nutmeg, to grate
6 Profusion Lentil Lasagne Sheets, cut into 4 equal strips lengthways
28g pack fresh basil, leaves picked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion. Cook for 10 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the passata, tomato puree and balsamic vinegar with some seasoning and simmer for 20 minutes, until thickened.
- Pre-soak lasagne sheets prior to cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan over a medium heat. Wash the spinach, then add to the pan and wilt. Place in a sieve over a bowl to get rid of excess water then, once cooled, pat dry with kitchen paper and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a blender, add your block of silken tofu and nutritional yeast, along with salt and pepper to taste. Blend until completely smooth, you may want to add a splash of plant milk depending on consistency.
- Place a generous teaspoon of the tofu mixture on a slice of Profusion Lentil Lasagne sheet and spread evenly. Roll this up and repeat with the remaining pasta and tofu mixture until you have 16 lasagne roll-ups.
- Once the tomato sauce has thickened to a good consistency, stir through most of the basil, reserving some to garnish. Pour this into the base of a roughly 21 x 21 cm baking dish and place the lasagne roll-ups in the dish, so they stand up. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly golden and the pasta is cooked. Garnish with the remaining basil and serve.